CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A check up from the neck up!

Wow, what an amazing weekend! I'm glad to be blogging again so I could share it with ya!!

I just got back from a ladies retreat and let me tell ya it was incredible. The speaker was amazing and it was a "check up from the neck up" if I ever needed one.



Positive Perspective, Personal Inventory, and Purpose were the 3 topic points. Some stuff that I found encouraging and wanted to share.



Positive Perspective



The most powerful self talk, "it could be worse" No matter what situation you are facing "if God brought you to it; then he will bring you through it."



God is sufficent and he will satisfy.



Personal Inventory



Forgivness doesn't make them right, it just makes you free.



Choosing not to forgive let's them continue to offend us.



Don't let others rent space in your head.



You don't have to forgive and forget, just forgive and set boundaries.



Purpose



As Christians you are not here to soak in a spiritual spa, you were saved to serve.



It is our job to catch the fish, but Gods job to clean em.



He doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called.



So there you have it ... when your all stressed and have no one to choke, think to yourself "it could be worse"



Now before I am off to apply this to my own life (or at least try lol) I leave this quote:



"When God aims us in a new direction, we have to let go of what we've known, be willing to embrace the unfamiliar, and trust that He will sustain us on the journey."



I just love that quote and for those of you who know me, know I have a hard time of stepping outside my bubble. I pray this helps me put things in to balance a little better.


Love and blessings to you all!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

It sounds like you had an awesome retreat Sandy!! We all could use time away for ourselves. Good for you that you made it happen for yourself. Love you
Kristina

DeDe said...

My personal favorite: "Don't let others rent space in your head."
That's one I need to work on. I will stay up all night stewing and chewing on stuff that really does nothing but keep me from sleeping!
Why do people have to suck? :)
I love you girl!